Wednesday, February 7, 2007

News and what EVER.

This blog is boring, I know. But I've been faithfully spending my time writing rather than blogging. No, I'm lying. Well, kind of lying. I just didn't want to post anything and have my killer bunny picture scroll further down on the page. It's so cute. Well, I think so, anyway.

I just found out another short story of mine will be published by The Wild Rose Press. More news on that later as I get the details. I love The Wild Rose Press, and not just because I'm one of their authors. First, let me preface this by saying I've been reluctant to touch the e-Publishing market, mainly because I'm an old fashioned girl and love the feel of a good book in my hands. I'm a big fan of turning pages and find when I read things online or in a digital format, I tend to skim. A lot. I'm an awful skimmer, so I frequently miss important details.

But, in addition to my mountain of novels-in-progress I've got going, I write tons of short stories. I love short stories. I like the fact that I can sit down and write one in a few hours and with a bit of editing and tweaking, it's ready to go. I like the almost instant gratification in knowing quickly how the story will end. When writing a novel, I usually don't know how it'll end until I write the end.

I love the look of The Wild Rose Press's site and the editors I have worked with have been phenomenal. My fellow authors are great, too. I love the ease of purchasing a story, too. Instant gratification. It's all good. And I predict good things for TWRP; I know someday they will become a RWA recognized publisher.

Sometimes I want something so much, it feels like it's rightfully mine. I'd like to elaborate on that but I'll save that for another post.

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

I just have to say "amen" to your post. I, too, write a ton of short stories and enjoy reading them as well. Isn't it wonderful to have found an outlet for them? The ladies at Wild Rose are amazing and just fantastic to work with.

I'm going on a Wild Rose shopping spree tomorrow... I'll have to check out your miniature rose!