Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Promotion


promo cards2
Originally uploaded by SallyAF.

My short story will be available at The Wild Rose Press this Friday, December 8. Because I'm not sure how long it will be available for purchase on their site, I'm feeling pressure to promote the story and garner some sales.

Other than blog entries, these postcards and word of mouth, I'm really at a loss about how to promote my writing.

I'm feeling a bit shy and embarrassed with the whole process. I'm a writer - it's a solitary profession. I spend hours on end with myself, creating imaginary characters and building the worlds they live in. Promoting my writing means I must step out of my comfort zone and into the business end of things. I've been absent from the business world since the year 2000 when I quit my job to stay home with my daughter. And to write.

I knew someday if my writing was ever published, I'd need to promote it. So, here I go. I'll start with postcards.

And of course this blog.

No comments: