Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bio


Raised in Colorado and Kansas, I’ve spent my life in the small towns and wide-open spaces of the Midwest, living in Texas, Indiana and finally settling with my husband and daughter in Minnesota. I love to write about the sadly neglected “flyover states” because I’m so fond of the prairies, farmland and small towns where I’ve spent my life.

Like many writers, I took pen to paper at a young age and never stopped creating imaginary characters with lives far more fascinating than mine. In between writing sessions, I fumbled through a career of serial job-hopping. I’ve worked so many jobs that my daughter is astonished when I show her my résumé, which I keep on a thick set of scrolls crammed in the back of my bedroom closet.

When it comes to my recent writing history, I must give credit where credit is due: I had absolutely no direction or purpose until I joined the Romance Writers of America and my local Minnesota chapter, Midwest Fiction Writers. Without their guidance, I’d still be scribbling stories on scraps of paper and shoving them into my desk drawer, never again to see the light of day.

No comments: